Today we toured outside of Snowbowl ski area in the Rattlesnake Wilderness, we rapidly stepped back in our decision making and chose more conservative terrain due to observations made.
• Shooting cracks on the east and north aspects, in both wind-loaded and protected trees
• A small possible natural avalanche on a north accept, 7800ft., R1-D1.5, approximately 2-3 feet in depth and 50 feet wide
• Propagation in extended column tests.
• Sudden planar breaks in column tests.
• Faceting throughout the snow back in locations with less than 40 inches (100cm) of snowpack
|1||Within the past week||
North of point 6