Format: 1 day, 8 hour, Field Based
Motorized AIARE Avalanche Rescue
Date | Location:
2.7.21 Field Component | Lolo Pass, Montana with the Mountain Riding Lab
Motorized AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a 1 day / 8 hour field course aimed both at new and experienced backcountry riders that covers the essential life saving skills and techniques of companion rescue. Learn how to properly use your transceiver, shovel, avalanche probe, and other gear. New participants will learn the basics of companion rescue, while return participants can expand their skill set with advanced topics and complex realistic scenario practice. This course is a great for standalone learning; to expand on the basic rescue skills in a Level 1; or to begin every season with your riding group to get dialed on your skills and rescue gear. All participants will receive an AIARE Avalanche Rescue certification.
Pre-Registration Required. Maximum 12 students.
Course start is 9 a.m. at the field location selected with the day ending around 5pm at the trailhead.
Full details will be sent 7-10 days before course start.
- Snow Sense, Jill Fredston & Doug Fesler
- Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain, Bruce Tremper
- Avalanche Essentials, Bruce Tremper
Participants must have:
- snowmobile or snow bike (reliable and appropriate for mountain riding)
- avalanche rescue gear (beacon, shovel, probe)
- backpack (airbag pack optional)
- DOT approved helmet
- the ability to ride off trail in varied terrain and deep snow
Still have questions? Please feel free to contact us.