In conjunction with UM Campus Recreation, the West Central Montana Avalanche Foundation is hosting a free two-part Mountain Weather lecture series. Featuring guest speaker, LeeAnn Allegretto, Meteorologist and Avalanche Program Leader from the National Weather Service.
Each section is open to the public and will be held in the North Urey Underground Lecture Hall from 6 pm – 8 pm.
- Part I December 11th, 2017
- Part II December 13th, 2017
Part I: An introduction to mountain weather. Meteorologist, LeeAnn Allegretto, discusses forecasting weather for the mountains in Western Montana. She will discuss snowfall and weather patterns pertaining to mountainous regions surrounding Missoula and Bozeman.
Mountain Weather Part I Overview:
1. The Atmosphere and How the Weather Works.
2. Storm Systems (high and low-pressure systems).
3. Satellite and Radar Imaging.
4. Mountain Topography (basic orographic with local orographic effects).