Splitboard 101 | Backcountry Gear & Resources Talk
Date | Location:
6 – 8 PM MST
Price: Event is free and refreshments will be provided!
The addition of a splitboard to your quiver can be a rewarding but daunting endeavor. To help with the learning curve, LB Snow is hosting an evening with Weston Snowboards ambassador Ryan Frank to delve into the equipment required before shifting your sights into the backcountry. This is a great chance for folks to learn about the nuts and bolts of splitboarding and how to assess equipment needs before heading into the backcountry. West Central Montana Avalanche Center Forecaster Logan King will cover how to reference avalanche center forecast information and opportunities for furthering your avalanche education.
We’ll talk about gear, trip planning, local avalanche center resources and more!
- What is splitboarding
- What to know before you go splitboarding in the backcountry
- How to select the correct splitboard set up (board, bindings, skins, hardware etc.)
- Backcountry equipment and essential snow safety items to have in your kit.
- How to access and utilize local avalanche forecast information
- Trip planning with online mapping software.
- Upcoming winter 18/19 avalanche education opportunities